Thursday, June 13, 2013

Life's True Treasures

My kitchen floor looked like this.
 But my girls looked like this.


An immaculate home is a sign of a wasted life.

I should probably make a sign and post it somewhere in my house to explain to some of my guests.

Abby lovingly helped Grace step into her tutu. I grabbed a scarf and turned on some music. We twirled, swayed, and danced through the living room.

Life isn't about the number of breaths you take. 
It's about the moments that take your breath away.

I never want to choose having a spotless house over showing my children that they are my real treasures. My house may be messier than I'd really like. I may be pregnant and tired. But my kids' cute little faces take my breath away.
And as long as the local ant population doesn't move inside to claim my crumbs, my kitchen floor can wait a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment