Monday, December 17, 2012

Personal Cheer Squad

Jake and Abby have been performing various tasks around the house the past few weeks to earn money for Christmas presents. (It's going to be a rough break in January when Mom and Dad are no longer shelling out the change every time they sweep, help cook, or tend Grace.) Jake had agreed to vacuum the basement, but he was running out of steam.

"I want you to help me!" he whined.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked. It seemed obvious that if I did it for him, he wouldn't get the money. Jokingly I continued, "Should I cheer for you?" I put on my most dramatic cheer moves (be grateful you weren't there to witness this) and shouted, "Go Jacob! Go Jacob! Go Jacob! Go!"

Much to my surprise, he agreed. "Sit on the couch and cheer," he instructed.

I did, and I've never seen such zealous vacuuming.

But then again, who wouldn't want a cheering section?
Mom is awesome, Mom is cool! Watch her use those cleaning tools!

Go, Mom, go! Iron those clothes!

Hip hip hooray! Pancakes today!
Watch out dust and watch out crumbs! Watch out dirt 'cause here she comes!
Our Mom rocks! She washes all our socks!
Maybe I'll add "Mom's personal cheer squad" to the kids' Christmas fundraising options. I better go buy some pom poms.

No comments:

Post a Comment