Monday, August 10, 2015

Good Things to Come

I love homeschool. I also love summer break. For me it has been a time to reorganize closets, repaint rooms, clean, declutter, and take a few minutes to breathe and think. It's been glorious.
The kids' rooms got new curtains and decorations and fresh paint.
Now another homeschool year is looming on the horizon, and I can't wait. Packages have been arriving in the mail.
Stacks of books are waiting to be devoured.
And I have been burning up my sewing machine making history costumes for the kids. (We'll be studying the medieval and Renaissance time periods, in case you couldn't tell.)

For me there is a delicious sense of anticipation. I can't wait to teach my kids such wonderful things, learn together, make new discoveries, and have delightful new experiences. It is a season of good things to come, and I can't wait.

In the mean time, I better go make some freezer meals while I still have time to cook.


No comments:

Post a Comment