Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The Joy of Homeschool

We took the leap this year into the brave world of homeschooling. Homeschooling can be intimidating and overwhelming. But so far, it's a lot better than I thought it would be. I love seeing the kids learn and grow, watching them make connections, and incorporating things they learn throughout our day.

I love adjusting our schedule according to our needs and desires...like last week when construction crews came to replace some local fire hydrants. My kids had a grand time watching the parade of dump trucks, diggers, and construction equipment.
See those two kids standing on our neighbor's lawn? Yep. They spent a few hours there that day.

I love the freedom to take the kids to museums and other places at off-times when things are quiet and we can enjoy displays a lot more. Here they all are at a recent trip to the natural history museum.


I love the extra time my kids have to play with each other. I love Grace's insistence on doing school, too. I love "recess" in the back yard and Lego Club at the library. Homeschool is a good deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment