Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Joy of Having a 2 Year Old

It was Monday and I had been buried in laundry up to my eyebrows and tending an infant who doesn't nap so well. By the time Cameron got home, I was frazzled and all too happy to take him up on an offer of a nice bubble bath while he put the kids to bed. (Dang, I got a good husband!)

However, before I could even make it to the tub, the true highlight of the day came when Grace plopped her soggy-diapered bottom on top of Cameron's face (he was laying on the floor trying to relax) and announced, "I'm sitting on Daddy's head." She proceeded to sing a song and look at a book and pretend that such behavior was completely normal. (Now might be a good time to mention that not only is Cameron a good husband, he is an extremely tolerant father with such antics.)
Such moments comprise the joy of having a 2-year-old with a budding sense of humor. I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment