Thursday, October 11, 2012

Seasons


Last week Cameron and I drove through a gorgeous canyon on our way to and from a wedding. We oohed and aahed over nature’s parade of vibrant fall leaves, and our conversation steered to seasons. 


I am so grateful God gave us four beautiful seasons. I love the sparkling white beauty of snowy winter landscape, the joy of spring blossoms, a nice, hot day to splash with the kids in a pool, and the breathtaking beauty of fall. Each season presents habits, traditions, and holidays I enjoy. Of course, there are disadvantages to each season, too. By Thanksgiving the fall leaves will be on the ground and I will be tired of the cooler temperatures.

Life has seasons, too. When I was single I tried to enjoy the freedom and experiences I had, but sometimes I just felt lonely. Now in my season of life I love playing with, reading to, or snuggling with my kids. Some days I wonder how many years it’s been since I got as much sleep as I would like or since our house has been as clean as I would like or how many more years it will be till I have as much time with Cameron as I would like. But I know in a few decades when my house is quiet and clean I will miss the happy chaos of my current season of life. The trick, of course, is to enjoy what you have when you have it. Sometimes that is no small task.

Last week we returned from the wedding to a messy house full of cute, noisy kids who occasionally wake me up at night but whose smiles and laughter light up my life.


I couldn’t have been happier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment