Monday, February 25, 2013

Give It Your Best Game Face

Several months ago I was feeling beleaguered and tired of housework. We had just finished dinner, and I was facing mealtime clean up without much energy. So I flexed my not-very-impressive biceps and gave our kitchen sink my fiercest I-am-about-to-take-you-down expression.

Unfortunately, Cameron witnessed my little show of aggression from across the kitchen. “Uh, what are you doing?”

“Giving the dishes my game face,” I explained nonchalantly.

At this point Cameron probably figured that my sanity wasn’t faring so well under the pressures of young motherhood, but he’s much too sweet to say so.

In case you want to try it, I must confess that giving the dishes my game face actually works, if for no other reason than it makes me laugh. And laughter is life’s best medicine, right?
Jake is afraid even if the dishes aren't. 
Recently Jake was whining about the hardships of having to wipe the table after dinner before moving on to more enjoyable activities. He had retreated to the bathroom to pout. I went to encourage him. I gave him a step-by-step tutorial on how to give a game face. He didn't do it. But he did laugh and do his job. 
Cameron and Abby perfecting their game faces
Really. You should try it sometime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment