Monday, December 31, 2012

All in a Day's Work

The other day I overheard Abby using her toy cell phone to conduct a very serious conversation. Abby asked Malificent (you know, arch-enemy of Sleeping Beauty) not to cast a spell on her baby. Of course, Malificent agreed. I smiled and thought about how Abby fills her days--caring for her baby dolls, cooking up play-doh concoctions, reading books, playing with her doctor's kit, and battling the powers of darkness. All in a day's work for my sweet, imaginative little girl.
I was startled by my next thought: Abby does the same things I do. Caring for babies. Cooking. Doctoring owies and illnesses. Reading to my sweet little ones. Battling the powers of darkness by filling the world with love one child at a time. All in a day's work for a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment